|Who Are We?
Mouvement Retrouvailles is a non-profit organization founded in 1983. It now has more than 13 000 members and maintains offices in all regions of Quebec.
We are here to help people who were affected by an adoption with high-quality support during all stages of their search.
Our organization has reunited thousands of birth parents and adoptees. We have assisted them in building up a harmonious relationship and we work to increase the mutual understanding for the situation of both parties.
Since 1983, we have been persistently working to increase awareness for adoption-related issues in the public at large, in Québec Youth Centres and at the Québec Ministry of Health and Social Services. Our main concerns are improving access to information on adoptions and bringing together parents and children separated by an adoption.
NOT TO CONSOLE… TO SUPPORT
NOT TO LEAD… TO GUIDE!
Mouvement Retrouvailles members profit from our experience, knowledge, support, and should the person you are looking for also be a member of Mouvement Retrouvailles, from our parent-child matching service.
The objectives of Mouvement Retrouvailles are:
- To ensure that the rights of both adoptees and non-adopted persons as well as those of the birth and adoptive parents are respected
- To increase awareness for adoption-related issues in the public at large
- To do away with the taboos surrounding adoption
- To provide support to people who are experiencing difficulties before, during or after their search for a birth parent or child given up for adoption
FOR THE BIRTH PARENTS...
...opening the door to the past may be painful; the thought of looking for their child may be unbearable.
FOR THE ADOPTEES OR NON-ADOPTED PERSONS...
...the quest for their biological identity may be difficult and unsettling. .
FOR THE ADOPTIVE PARENTS...
...their child's search for his/her birth parents may be seen as a threat.
Those are just some reasons why you may want the assistance of Mouvement Retrouvailles.
WHAT ARE OUR ORGANIZATION'S COMMITMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITES?
- EXPAND our activities in all the regions we represent;
- Improve our member SATISFACTION by constantly improving the human side of all our services
- DIRECT our members to the Youth Centre (Centre Jeunesse) and GUIDE them in their inquiries so that they can make intelligent decisions;
- Increase the AWARENESS for our cause in relevant organizations and ministries
- Set up a MORATORIUM for structures relating to parent/child searches (siblings, deceases, accompaniment).
- RESPECT the history of Mouvement Retrouvailles-whether our past, current and future!
We owe our sincere thanks to Ms Reine Landry for her convictions, her will and her personal contribution in the creation of Mouvement Retrouvailles in February 1983. Her devotion as a founding member, mother and volunteer has always been greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!
||Caroline Fortin (région de Québec, Portneuf, Beauce, KRTB, Bas St-Laurent, Gaspésie/Les Îles)
||Lucille Gosselin (Frontenac/Estrie)
||Lise Émond (régions Montérégie, Mauricie/Bois-Franc, Montréal, Laval, Laurentides, Lanaudière)
||Réjane Genest (région de Québec, Portneuf, Beauce, KRTB, Bas St-Laurent, Gaspésie/Les Îles)
||André-Georges Toupin (région de Québec, Portneuf, Beauce, KRTB, Bas St-Laurent, Gaspésie/Les Îles)
Mouvement Retrouvailles celebrated its 25th anniversary in 2008. Volunteer movements always come into being to meet the specific needs of people with common interests. And we are no exception to this rule. At Mouvement Retrouvailles, it was issues concerning adoption which brought together our volunteers, i.e. helping out adoptees, non-adopted people, birth parents and adoptive parents.
You have to go back to 1976 to retrace the first steps which led to...
Read the entire story in PDF format
(Download by right-clicking above and choosing "Save target as" or "Save link as")
Get Acrobat Reader., It's free.
Mouvement Retrouvailles - Head-office
Casier postal 47002
Caroline Fortin, Présidente et coordonnatrice
Téléphone : 418 903 9960
Téléphone : 1 888 646 1060 (sans frais)
Télécopie : 418 834 9627
Download our logo tif or gif
Website created by Eric Langlois
© 1996-2019 Mouvement Retrouvailles. All rights reserved.